Metal stamping is a process based on the plastic deformation of metal, using molds and stamping equipment to apply pressure to the sheet metal, causing plastic deformation or separation of the sheet metal, thereby obtaining a metal stamping part with a certain shape, size, and performance.
Metal stamping technology plays an irreplaceable role in the automotive manufacturing industry, especially for the automotive body shell, which has a large and complex shape, a large amount of curved surface space, and high surface quality requirements. Therefore, the use of the stamping process to produce these parts is better than other processing techniques.
Four Basic Processes Of Metal Stamping
A stamping process that separates sheets, including punching, blanking, trimming, and sectioning
A stamping process is used to create angles or shapes in a piece of metal. The metal is clamped onto a bending machine and then forced to bend by applying force to a specific point on the metal.
A stamping process that transforms flat sheets into various open hollow parts, or further changes the shape and size of the hollow parts.
Advantages of Metal Stamping
1. Stamping is a processing method with high production efficiency and low material consumption.
2. Stamped parts generally do not need to be machined and have high dimensional accuracy.
3. Convenient operation process
4. Stamped metal parts have good interchangeability
5. The cost of stamping parts produced in batches with molds is low
6. Parts with high strength, high stiffness, and lightweight that can be obtained through metal stamping processing
7. Be able to manufacture parts with complex shapes that are difficult to process by other metal processing methods
8. The surface quality of the metal stamping parts is good, providing convenience for subsequent surface treatment processes, such as electroplating and polishing.
Four Automation Methods For Metal Stamping In The Future
The inherent shortcomings of traditional manual production lines, such as low efficiency and poor product quality stability, are increasingly affecting the development of enterprises. Automated production lines give a solution to solve these problems.
High production efficiency, stable product quality, and lower single-piece production cost under large-scale production conditions are the outstanding advantages of automated stamping production lines, especially for the production of large car body panels.
A common method, which is mainly used in electronic, digital, OA, household appliances, and other products, with high production efficiency, general precision effect and low material utilization. Combined with a servo machine, it can meet the requirements of high production efficiency and high precision.
It is commonly seen in the processing of automotive interior components. Products with high added value have high material utilization rates and better molding effects. The 3D servo multi-station handling system can currently reach SPM60 or above.
It is commonly used in products with high added value and high requirements for appearance. Multiple combinations can better meet the higher requirements for products in the future. Robots will abandon traditional processing methods in the coming years.
It is widely used in the production line of large automobile body panels.