Advantages and Disadvantages of Stainless Steel Bolts
In many industries, stainless steel bolts can provide satisfactory corrosion resistance. In addition to mechanical failure, the corrosion of stainless steel is mainly manifested in localized corrosion, including stress corrosion cracking, pitting corrosion, corrosion fatigue. So, what are the advantages and disadvantages of stainless steel bolts
Advantages of Stainless Steel Bolts
Stainless steel product grades are SUS310S, 309S, 316L, 316, 316Si, 317, 304, 304L, 309, 305, 31403, 321, 301, 202, 201, etc.
1. The ability to adapt is more powerful. For stainless steel bolts, if the requirements of the metric thread size are met, they can be used. Therefore, stainless steel bolts are more widely used than traditional anchor bolts.
The difference and connection between anchor bolts and bolts
- An anchor bolt is one of the connection forms of bolts, and there are many connection forms of bolts.
- The anchor bolt is to fix the screw part and the concrete base material together in some form, which cannot be separated, and only the nut can be disassembled. For bolts, the nut can be unscrewed from the bolt, and the two parts can be separated, which is a detachable connection.
- The anchor bolt belongs to the post-anchoring technology, which needs to be drilled first and then screwed into the screw for anchoring. The bolts are pre-drilled.
- The head of the anchor bolt is buried in the concrete substrate, while the head of the bolt is exposed.
2. The installation is more simple. The previous traditional anchor bolts are more complicated in the installation process. However, the installation process of today’s stainless steel bolts is relatively simple, which improves the convenience for many users.
3. Fewer problems encountered during installation. There is no need to be afraid that the traditional anchor bolts will tilt when drilling. Through the analysis of the corrosion resistance and fracture causes of stainless steel bolts, when installing stainless steel bolts, you can directly drill holes and then install them, so that the success rate can reach nearly 100%.
- Novel design. The aesthetics of stainless steel bolts have been greatly enhanced.
5. No trouble when not in use. As long as the hole is filled with stainless steel bolts or the extra part is removed, it can ensure safety, is relatively simple, and does not affect the appearance.
6. Stainless steel bolts have a higher performance during installation, which greatly improves the utilization of bolts.
7. Good resistance to corrosion fatigue and wear corrosion. It is used in pumps, valves, and other equipment under certain corrosive medium conditions.
- In the process of recycling, it can be recycled and reused 100%. It is very in line with this feature of green environmental protection in modern craftsmanship.
- Excellent high-temperature resistance. The hardness of the stainless steel bolt itself is strong enough, and the fastener after production and processing has a strong anti-oxidation ability, and it can work normally under high temperatures, so it will not be disturbed too much by high temperatures.
- The force capacity can meet daily needs. For stainless steel fasteners, the load that their force capacity can carry is moderate. Even if it is not comparable to high-strength bolts, the force capacity of stainless steel fasteners can meet people’s daily needs.
Disadvantages of Stainless Steel Bolts
1. The initial cost is high. However, the life cycle cost is relatively low.
2. Not suitable for long-term storage or long-term use. The production cost is high, and it is easy to stick if it is not disassembled for a long time after locking.
3. It is easy to slip the teeth or it easy to break when the force is too large. The toughness is worse than ordinary iron screws.
- The strength of stainless steel screws is not large. Generally, high-strength screws are made of carbon steel or iron.
KENENG can produce screws, bolts, nuts, washers, rivets, and other fasteners. We can provide the stainless steel bolts with the best quality at the most competitive price. If you need it, please don’t hesitate to contact us.