6061 Aluminum Properties
6061 aluminum is a heat-treatable alloy that can be strengthened. It has good formability, weldability, machinability, and medium strength, and can still maintain good operability after annealing.
Aluminum 6061 Composition
- Magnesium and silicon, which make up the Mg2Si phase, are the primary alloying components of 6061 aluminum.
- It can counteract the negative effects of iron if it contains a specific quantity of manganese and chromium.
- It is occasionally necessary to add a tiny quantity of copper or zinc to an alloy to boost its strength without considerably lowering its ability to resist corrosion.
- In order to counteract the negative effects of titanium and iron on conductivity, a minor amount of copper is also present in the conductive substance.
- Zirconium or titanium can control the recrystallization structure and refine the grain.
Density of Aluminum 6061
The density of 6061 aluminum is 2.7 g/cm3, which is slightly higher than that of ordinary aluminum. Therefore, it can be used in occasions that require higher strength than ordinary aluminum, such as aviation and aerospace industries, automobile manufacturing, etc.
7075 Aluminum Properties
Far superior than mild steel, the 7075 aluminum alloy is a cold-treated forging metal with exceptional strength.
The ideal alloy for aircraft and marine plates is 7075 aluminum, which has a compact structure and good corrosion resistance.
7075 Aluminum Density
The density of 7075 aluminum is 2.81g/cm^3.
6063 Aluminum Properties
6063 aluminum alloy is widely used in architectural aluminum doors and windows, curtain wall frames, etc. The chemical composition of 6063 aluminum is the most important part in the production of high-quality aluminum alloy building profiles. The requirements for the overall performance of aluminum alloy profiles are significantly higher than the standards for industrial profiles in order to guarantee that doors, windows, and curtain walls have high wind pressure resistance, assembly performance, corrosion resistance, and decorative performance.
6061 Aluminum Vs 7075
1. Different ingredients
- The 7075 series mainly uses zinc as the main alloy.
- The 6061 series mainly uses magnesium and silicon as the main alloys.
2. Different prices
- The strongest and lightest aluminum is 7075, but it is also the priciest.
- The most popular type of aluminum is 6061 aluminum, which is lightweight, durable, and affordable.
3. Different practicality
- 7075 contains a high proportion of other metals, so welding and handling are more difficult.
- Because 6061 contains a low proportion of other metals, it can increase its strength and reduce its weight through special shapes and various treatments.
Aluminum 6061 Vs 6063
1. Different chemical composition
6061 has more alloying elements than 6063. The main alloying elements of 6063 aluminum alloy are magnesium and silicon.
2. Different mechanical properties
- 6061 grade aluminum profile is better than 6063 in terms of strength and machinability.
- 6063 aluminum profile is better in plasticity, which can make the material achieve higher precision. Moreover, 6063 has higher tensile strength and yield strength, showing better fracture toughness.
3. The scope of application is different
A superior aluminum alloy material with great toughness, good weldability, and resistance to corrosion is 6061. It can be found in furniture, aerospace device molds, ships, cars, and ships.
6063 is an aluminum alloy material with very strong comprehensive properties. It is high strength, resistant to wear and abrasion, corrosion, and high temperatures. It can be applied to both industrial and architectural profiles. widely utilized in various industrial frame constructions, rail transportation, aerospace, automatic conveying equipment, architectural aluminum alloy doors and windows, curtain walls, and other areas.
4. Different heat treatment process
6061 does not undergo cold working after solid solution heat treatment, and can be subjected to natural aging (T4 state), or directly to artificial aging, that is, T6 state. It has a large deformation coefficient, high hardness, and is not easy to control.
6063 is cooled after high-temperature molding, that is, the quenching process. Generally, air-cooled cooling method is used, and then artificial aging treatment, that is, T5 state. It can eliminate the internal stress of industrial aluminum profiles to the greatest extent, has a small deformation coefficient, not so high hardness, will not break easily, and has stronger mechanical properties. However, 6063 also adopts the T6 treatment method, its deformation coefficient will also become larger, the hardness is higher, and it is more prone to fracture than T5.
KENENG can produce and provide a variety of aluminum products, can provide different types of aluminum fasteners, and can provide customized services according to customer drawings or samples.