This article mainly introduces several aspects that need to be paid attention to during CNC machining, which helps improve working efficiency.
1. Pay attention to the workpiece clamping method in CNC machining
The following four points should be noted when determining the positioning datum and clamping method:
(1) unify the benchmark of design, process, and programming calculation.
(2) Try to reduce the clamping times and try to machine all the surfaces to be machined after one positioning.
(3) Avoid using a manual adjustment scheme.
(4) The clamp shall be open and the positioning and clamping mechanism shall not affect the cutter path during processing. In such cases, the clamp can be installed by using a vice or adding a bottom plate.
2. Pay attention to the monitor and adjust during CNC machining
After the program debugging of the workpiece is completed, it can enter the automatic processing stage. In the process of automatic machining, the operator should monitor the cutting process to prevent workpiece quality problems and other accidents caused by abnormal cutting.
(1) Monitoring the rough machining
The main consideration of rough machining for CNC machining process monitoring is the rapid removal of the excess allowance on the workpiece surface. In the automatic machining process of the machine tool, the tool automatically cuts according to the preset cutting path according to the set cutting amount. At this time, the operator should pay attention to observing the change of cutting load during the automatic machining process through the cutting load table, and adjust the cutting amount according to the bearing capacity of the tool to maximize the efficiency of the machine tool.
(2) Monitoring of cutting sound in the process of cutting
In the process of automatic cutting, the sound of the tool cutting is stable, continuous, and light when the cutting is started, and the motion of the machine tool is stable. With the progress of the cutting process, when there are hard spots on the workpiece or tool clamping, the cutting process is unstable. The unstable performance is that the cutting sound changes, the tool, and the workpiece will collide with each other, and the machine tool will vibrate. At this time, the cutting amount and cutting conditions should be adjusted in time. When the adjustment effect is not obvious, the machine tool should be suspended. The condition of the tool and workpiece should be checked.
(3) Monitoring in the finishing process
The finishing process monitoring is mainly to ensure the machining size and surface quality of the workpiece. The cutting speed is high and the feed rate is large. At this time, attention should be paid to the impact of chip accumulation on the machined surface. For cavity machining, attention should also be paid to the machining of overcut and tool yield at the corner. To solve the above problems, first, pay attention to adjusting the spray position of the cutting fluid to keep the machined surface in optimal cooling condition at all times. Second, note the quality of the machined surface of the workpiece, and try to avoid quality change by adjusting the cutting amount. If the adjustment still has no obvious effect, stop the machine to check whether the original program is reasonable.
Pay special attention to the position of the tool when suspending or stopping for the inspection. If the tool stops in the cutting process, the sudden stop of the spindle will cause tool marks on the surface of the workpiece. Generally, when the tool leaves the cutting state, the machine should be stopped.
(4) Monitoring the tool
The quality of the tool largely determines the processing quality of the workpiece. In the process of automatic machining and cutting, the normal wear condition and abnormal damage condition of the tool should be judged by means of sound monitoring, cutting time control, suspension inspection during the cutting process, workpiece surface analysis, and other methods. According to the processing requirements, the cutting tools shall be handled in time to prevent the processing quality problems caused by the cutting tools not being handled in time.
3. Pay attention to the content in the CNC machining procedure sheet
(1)The machining program sheet is one of the contents for the CNC machining process design, and also the procedure that needs to be observed and executed by the operator. It is the specific description of the machining program, which aims to make the operator clear the content of the program, the clamping and positioning methods, and the problems that should be paid attention to when selecting the tools for each machining program.
(2) In the processing program sheet, should include the drawing and programming file name, workpiece name, clamping sketch, program name, the tool used in each program, maximum depth of cutting, rough machining or finish machining, theoretical processing time, etc.
4. Pay attention to the tips before CNC machining programming
After determining the machining process, what should be known before programming:
- The workpiece clamping mode
- The size of the workpiece blank(Determine the processing range or whether multiple clamping is required)
- The material of the workpiece(Help to select the CNC machining tools)
- The tools in stock(Avoid modifying the program due to the lack of this tool during machining. If you must use this tool, you can prepare it in advance.)
That’s all the significant aspects that need to attach important to CNC machining. If you are looking for a specialized CNC machining service supplier, KENENG is your best choice. KENENG has many years experiences of CNC machining and surface finishing for high-precision metal shell and precision hardware CNC cutting.
We can provide Milling, Turning, Drilling, Threading, Tapping, EDM and Wire EDM, Custom Finishing, Prototyping, Small Batch or One-off Parts Machining, and Modification of Existing Parts services. We will use high-precision measurement tools and advanced video equipment for the inspection of all parts and processes from incoming material to final inspection. KENENG ensures that only qualified products are sent to our customers. Please feel free to contact us with any of your needs.